Finally finished! :) I'm pretty much satisfied, though I'm not sure I'll use watercolor in this exact manner again.
- Pencil sketch
- Pen & ink line-art
- Light ink wash on the skin, painted wings and exposed flesh in watercolor (Ivory black and Crimson).
- Painted the background in several layers of watercolor (Ultramarine, Pthalo green, Raw umber).
- More layers of Ultramarine on the background.
- Washes of Burnt sienna on the skin and hair, roughing in the net with Chinese white and Ivory black watercolor.
- More shadows on the skin with Ivory black, a light wash of Raw umber + Quinacridone Magenta. Added the veins on wings with Ivory black, and all the detailing on the net with Titanium white acrylic paint.
Watercolor, ink and acrylic on 35x50cm watercolor paper. I don't know how many hours, but only the last step took 6 hours, so you do the math.